SWOT Analysis of Singapore Power with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Singapore Power Group
Energy and utilities
One of the best performing electricity and gas networks and superior customer service
Industrial and domestic
Leading energy utility company
1. It has a superior customer service. 2. It has a strong customer base of over 1 million in Singapore. 3. As per industrial indices, fewest and shortest power outages. 4. It is one of the leading energy utilities company in Singapore with strong assets and revenues
5. Its gas and electricity network performance is one of the best in the world and that provides competitive advantage for them.
6. Its major subsidiaries include PowerGas, SP AusNet, SP PowerAssets, SP Powergrid and SP Services
1. It does not generate electricity and procures it from various suppliers and that creates a risk.
2. Its operations are mostly concentrated in Singapore,that creates additional risk for them. 3. In Australia they faced class action suit for negligence for Black Friday Bushfires
1. They can expand their operations to different geographic locations.
2. Investments in transmission and distribution infrastructure can create opportunities for them. 3. There is opportunity in renewable energy sector due to growing demand. Singapore Power supports solar energy and they have reduced processing time for PV integration into Singapore’s grid
1. It faces intense competition in Australia. However, it does not have any competition in Singapore. 2. In Australia it faces the threat of volatile wholesale spot energy prices in National Energy markets as high wholesale spot energy prices can significantly harm their margin. 3. This sector is heavily regulated by various laws and regulations and unfavorable policy can significantly harm their business.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Singapore Power. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.