National Fuel Gas SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Energy, Total Reads: 221
SWOT Analysis of National Fuel Gas with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
National Fuel Gas
National Fuel Gas Company
Energy and utilities
Diversified energy company
Oil reserves and natural gas requirements
Business and residential
Diversified energy company
1. It is a diversified energy company operating in various business segments such as utility, pipeline, storage, exploration and production. 2. It has strong assets which shows its credibility 3. It has strong customer base. It provides natural gas transportation system and sells natural gas to nearly 800,000 customers 4. It has strong infrastructure in storage and pipeline division. It also operates Empire pipeline which is a 250-mile long pipeline system.
5. It has competitive advantage in utilities segment which mostly operates in New York and Pennsylvania due to its infrastructure and high cost of installing new infrastructure.
1. It natural gas customers are mostly concentrated in New York and Pennsylvania. It creates a risk for the company due to this geographic concentration. 2. The margin in natural gas has declined due to low price of natural gas which is caused by abundance of shale resources and efficient production
1. It has huge opportunity in Mercellus Shale which is a recently added rig in Seneca which carries out the production segment of National Fuel Gas. 2. It also has opportunity in the production segment in the Appalachian region. 3. There is increase in demand for natural gas and that creates huge opportunity for National Fuel Gas Company.
4. Growth opportunity lies in investment in storage and pipeline infrastructure to effectively support its production segment.
1. Natural gas industry is highly dependent on weather as natural gas is widely used in home heating systems. So, unfavorable weather has adverse effects on the business. 2. National Fuel Gas company is under the purview of various environmental laws and regulations and this creates a risk for the business as any unfavorable policy can harm its business. 3. Intense competition (except utilities).
4. In its production segment, its West Coast and Gulf Coast operations face threat of environmental factors such as hurricanes.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.