Elizabethtown Gas SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Energy, Total Reads: 255
SWOT Analysis of Elizabethtown Gas with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Energy and utilities
Safe and reliable natural gas distribution system
Natural Gas requirements
Residential and business
Safe and reliable natural gas
1. Its parent AGL resources is one of the largest natural gas distribution company in USA. 2. It has strong customer base of 250,000+ residential, business and industrial natural gas customers in New Jersey. 3. They provide energySMART a program that aims to conserve energy and reduce carbon footprint of its customers. 4. They have invested in infrastructure which enables them to provide gas service in safe and reliable manner and provides them competitive advantage.
5. It has strong CSR policy wherein they focus in areas of energy assistance, education, environmental and community enrichment.
6. To increase its resiliency against coastal storms and flood, it has filed for a natural gas distribution reinforcement effort (ENDURE)
1. The margin in natural gas has declined due to low price of natural gas which is caused by abundance of shale resources and efficient production. 2. Its operations are concentrated only in New Jersey and this geographic concentration creates a risk for the company
1. There is increase in demand for natural gas and that creates huge opportunity for Elizabethtown Gas. 2. Opportunity lies in investment into new projects which can help the company to expand its operations. 3. Growth opportunity lies in investment in storage and pipeline infrastructure. 4. They are planning to invest over $1.1 billion to replace 630 million pipelines over a period of 10 years under their program SMART (Safety, Modernization, Reliability tariff). This will provide them further competitive advantage of reliable natural gas distribution system.
1. Natural gas industry is highly dependent on weather as natural gas is widely used in home heating systems. So, unfavorable weather has adverse effects on the business. 2. This industry is under the purview of various environmental laws and regulations and this creates a risk for the business as any unfavorable policy can harm business. 3. High competition.
1. New Jersey Natural Gas 2. South Jersey Gas 3. Public Service Electric and Gas
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.