SWOT Analysis of Washington Gas with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
WGL Holdings Inc.
Energy and utilities
Natural Gas requirements
Residential and business
1. It has strong customer base of over 1 million customers
2. It has experience of many years since 1848, of providing energy to residential, industrial and commercial customers. 3. It was recognized as the best at providing service to business customers in the Eastern region in USA
4. They provide reliable service and 99.7% of their customers do not face outages throughout the year.
5. They have a strong CSR policy. They founded Washington Area fuel fund (WAFF) along with the Salvation Army.
6. They have implemented pipe replacement plan PROJECTpipes. This will enable to provide reliable service and provide competitive advantage.
1. Its operations are concentrated only in districts of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia and this geographic concentration creates a risk for the company.
2. The operations are mostly limited to natural gas distribution and thus it adds risk to their business.
1. There is increase in demand for natural gas and that creates huge opportunity for Washington Gas. 2. Opportunity lies in investment into new projects which can help the company to expand its operations. 3. Growth opportunity lies in investment in storage and pipeline infrastructure.
1. Natural gas industry is highly dependent on weather as natural gas is widely used in home heating systems. So, unfavorable weather has adverse effects on the business. 2. This industry is under the purview of various environmental laws and regulations and this creates a risk for the business as any unfavorable policy can harm business. 3. High competition due to deregulation and choice of customers to purchase gas from either Washington Gas or other energy supply company even though responsibility natural gas delivery remains with Washington Gas.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Washington Gas. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.