Kansas Gas Service SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Energy, Total Reads: 280
SWOT Analysis of Kansas Gas Service with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Kansas Gas Service
One Gas Inc.
Energy and utilities
Largest natural gas distributor in Kansas
Natural Gas requirements
Residential and business
Clean and reliable natural gas
1. It has strong customer base of over 600,000+ customers 2. It is a division of One Inc. which is third largest publicly traded natural gas distribution utility in United States and has over 2 million customers. 3. It is largest natural gas distributor in Kansas with strong market share 4. It has nearly 20,000 miles of pipeline.
5. Kansas Gas Service has a strong community investment programs like Share the Warmth which aims to help Kansas families needing assistance in paying winter bills and United Way.
6. Kansas Gas Service has implemented Integrity Management Program for safe and reliable operations of the pipeline system.
1. The margin in natural gas has declined due to low price of natural gas which is caused by abundance of shale resources and efficient production. 2. Its operations are concentrated only in Kansas and this geographic concentration creates a risk for the company.
1. There is increase in demand for natural gas and that creates huge opportunity for Kansas Gas Service. 2. Opportunity lies in investment into new projects which can help the company to expand its operations. 3. Growth opportunity lies in investment in storage and pipeline infrastructure.
1. Natural gas industry is highly dependent on weather as natural gas is widely used in home heating systems. So, unfavorable weather has adverse effects on the business.
2. Weather conditions such as tornadoes, thunderstorms and floods can affect their business. 3. This industry is under the purview of various environmental laws and regulations and this creates a risk for the business as any unfavorable policy can harm business.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Kansas Gas Service. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.