Piedmont Natural Gas SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Energy, Total Reads: 381
SWOT Analysis of Piedmont Natural Gas with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Piedmont Natural Gas
Piedmont Natural Gas
Energy and utilities
Comfortable, Affordable, Reliable and Environmentally responsible natural gas
Natural Gas requirements
Residential and business
Safe and reliable natural gas
1. It has strong customer base of over 1 million residential and business customers in North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. 2. It has experience of many years since 1949. 3. It provides great customer service. Piedmont natural gas’s Customer Contact Center was ranked among the top 4. Has been recognized by several awards
5. Consistently growing customers have added to the brand value
6. They have 22,500 miles of natural gas distribution pipelines
7. Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation has strong CSR activities
1. The margin in natural gas has declined due to low price of natural gas which is caused by abundance of shale resources and efficient production. 2. Its operations are concentrated only in North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee and this geographic concentration creates a risk for the company
1. There is increase in demand for natural gas and that creates huge opportunity for Piedmont Natural Gas. 2. Opportunity lies in investment into new projects which can help the company to expand its operations. 3. Growth opportunity lies in investment in storage and pipeline infrastructure.
4. It CARE (Comfortable, Affordable, Reliable and Environmentally responsible) campaign for natural gas has helped them to achieve new customers in 2014 and has huge opportunity to acquire new customers.
5. Proposed Atalantic Coast Pipeline which is 550 miles long will give them access to low cost Marcellus and Utica shale gas.
1. Natural gas industry is highly dependent on weather as natural gas is widely used in home heating systems. So, unfavorable weather has adverse effects on the business. 2. This industry is under the purview of various environmental laws and regulations and this creates a risk for the business as any unfavorable policy can harm business. 3. High competition.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Piedmont Natural Gas. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.