SWOT Analysis of Targa with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Targa Resources Partners LP
Midstream natural gas services
Energy & Power
Modified solution for every client
Upstream and downstream natural gas companies
Upstream natural gas companies
Differentiation strategy for each and every client
1. It offers a broad product and services offering like gathering, compressing, treating, processing and selling natural gas
2. It leads in fractionation and is one of the biggest fractionators of NGLs in the Gulf Coast 3. It has access to multiple producing basins, the Fort Worth Basin, The Permian Basin and Barnett Shale 4. Strategically located assets in major shale plays and crude oil resource plays
5. Its assets are located in active and growth oriented crude oil and natural gas producing areas
6. It employs differentiation strategy to focus on each and every client and make sure it offers the clients modified solutions, whether technological or marketing
1. It depends on third-party for pipelines, storage, and other facilities for midstream operations, to and from the gathering and processing facilities 2. The company is highly leveraged due to which cash flows go into paying off principle and interest on debt 3. Its level of indebtedness has also limited its flexibility in reacting for and planning to changes in its business.
1. Due to growing demand for liquid fuels in the US, Targa is expected to do well grow and do well in this sector 2. It has been slowly growing organically with big and small growth projects, it has invested $2.6 billion since 2007 3. Targa has made several strategic acquisitions and entered into various joint ventures to increase the scale of its business
1. There is an intense competition to acquire new sources of gas supplies due to increasing demand 2. With its operations mainly in warmer region, the demand for energy fluctuates and it might have to incur additional cost in maintaining its inventory 3. The industry has inherent risks associated with its operations and Targa is subject to these risks in gathering, compressing, treating,
processing and selling natural gas
1. BP Plc 2. Atlas Gas Pipeline Company 3. Gulf South Pipeline Company
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Targa. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.