SWOT Analysis of Spectra Energy with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Spectra Energy Corp.
Oil Services and Equipment
Energy for life
It operates the largest long haul pipelines network of natural gas in North America
Corporate, countries looking to fulfill energy services needs
Local gas distribution companies, direct industrial users, electric power generators, exploration and production companies
Developer of critically important pipelines connecting natural gas supplies to the markets
1. Owner of 19000 mile interstate natural gas transportation system 2. In US and Canada it has 305 billion cubic feet of storage capacity 3. Members of numerous communities in North America and involved in these community development as part of their CSR activity 4. State of art technology to deliver natural gas services
5. Several projects planned and in pipeline 6. It is one of the largest pipeline systems in USA 7. Has over 220 CSR projects in Us and Canada
1. Excessive reliance on debt financing which comes as cost to company driving up interest rates, this reduces profitability and hence the margins 2. Govt and global regulations reduces the operational efficiency
1.Fall in price of Natural gas in US causes it to be used as substitute for petroleum products
2. Advances in hydraulic and LNG processing helps in reaching previously un-reachable gas reserves
1. Competition from other firms merging with each other
2. Slow overall growth of industry 3. Changing international and govt policies; and economy crisis
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Spectra Energy. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.