SWOT Analysis of JSW Energy with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Global recognition for Quality and Efficiency while nurturing Nature and Society (vision)
JSW Energy is inot generation, transmission, distribution and trading of power
Industries , Residential areas
Industries and Residential areas in Gujarat, Karnataka and Maharashtra
Supporting India's growth with speed & innovation
1. Early Entrant in the power sector means good market position
2. Through acquisition of a majority stake in a South African coal mine, it can lower its fuel costs and thus its operating costs.
3. Each project is strategically located near an available fuel source or load centre. This reduces the transportation costs of coal and also ensures quicker supply of coal.
4.Has entered the Equipment Manufacturing sector by starting a construction facility for Super-Critical steam turbine generators (in a joint venture with Toshiba Corporation)
5. Strong backing of JSW group adds value to the company
1.Present only in very few states namely Karnataka, Maharashtra, Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan despite being an early entrant
2. Has a very low market share even compared to the private players like Tata Power and Reliance Power.
3.Not likely to compete against companies having big projects
1.Can diversify into other means of power generation
2. Can increase its spread in the country as well as overseas
3. Increase global tie-ups
1. Changes in International prices of coal. 2. Changes in International policies regarding import of coal. 3. As it relies on imported coal, Foreign exchange fluctuations would affect its profitability.
4. Susceptible to legal hassles on environmental clearance for new projects
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to JSW Energy. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.