SWOT Analysis of Fortum with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Has the biggest market share of Ecolabeled electricity in Finland.
Industries, Big cities, Ports etc looking for energy and electrical solutions
Industries and corporates
Leading Finnish Energy producer
1.Has over 14000 MW of generation capacity – 1/3rd of it being hydro power which has 290+ plants, nuclear plants and over 30 combined heat and power plants. Also has over 11,000 employees 2. Most of its power generation is emission free
3. Has strong market presence in Scandinavia and Russia. 4.Financially stable and has S&P rating of A
1.Over dependence on Nordic countries
2.Most of the debt is composed of European bonds – thus it is exposed to the Eurozone crisis
1.Opportunities in other European markets
2. Growth opportunities in Renewable energy like Wind, Solar etc
3. High demand for power in Europe
1.Energy demand forecast is expected to slow down due to Euro zone crisis
2. Regional markets are expected to consolidate into one single European market place for Energy
3. Much larger players in Europe pose an entry barrier into other European markets
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Fortum. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.