EDP Energias de Portugal SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Energy, Total Reads: 1591
SWOT Analysis of EDP Energias de Portugal with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
EDP - Energias de Portugal
Energias de Portugal
Sinta a nossa energia (Feel our energy)
Leading power generator of Portugal as well as one of the top business groups of Portugal
Electrical utilities for Industries, Retail customers, ports etc
Industries, corporates, retailer customers
A major electricity operator in Europe
1.Has plants in Portugal, Spain, Macau, Brazil, Africa and also in the U.S. with a total installed capacity of over 16000 MW – spread across thermal ,hydro and renewable energy power generation – employing over 13,000 people 2. Has a very balanced portfolio of thermal (coal and natural gas combined cycle) and hydro power in the Iberian Peninsula (Portugal and Spain)
3. It is one of the largest producer of Wind Energy and also features in the top 250 of the Forbes 4.Ranked highly in the Dow Jones sustainability index
5. Strong financial position and brand reputation
1.Focussed mainly in Iberian Peninsula and having less presence in other parts of Europe or in Africa
2. Most of its debt funding is through long and medium term bonds and commercial paper. This can prove risky in case markets become volatile.
1.Opportunities in other parts of Europe and in other countries
2. Opportunities in other forms of energy like Biomass, Solar etc
3. Ever growing need for power in Europe.
1.Increase in prices of coal (internationally) 2.Consolidation of Power companies in Europe.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.