Chubu Electric Power SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Energy, Total Reads: 889
SWOT Analysis of Chubu Electric Power with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Chubu Electric Power
Chuben Electric Power Company Inc
Third Largest Power producer in Japan
Industries, Big cities etc
Industries and corporates in the Chubu region on Honshu island – Mie, Shizouka, Nagano, Gifu, Aichi etc, Nagoya city
Leading Power producer of Japan.
1. Has nearly 200 power plants which are Hydro powered , thermal and nuclear plant – thus it is less dependent on nuclear power which was affected in the Fukushima disaster in Japan 2. Has a total generating capacity of over 32000 MW and has over 16,500 employees
3. Serves the middle region of Honshu island with a network of over 1.3 lakh kms of transmission lines and is considered one of Nagoya’s influential 4 companies. 4.Features in the Large 70 group of TOPIX – Japan’s top 100 companies
5. Strong and diversified operations make it a big industry player
1.Focussed mainly in a small region in Japan
2. Losses for the company have been a concern
3. After Fukushima disaster, Chubu Electric had to shut down its nuclear plant at Hamaoka being forced by a Government order.
1.Opportunities in other parts of Japan and in other countries
2. Opportunities in other forms of energy like Wind, Solar etc
3. Ever growing need for power in Japan .
1.Increase in prices of coal (internationally) 2.Barrier to setting up nuclear plants in Japan
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Chubu Electric Power. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.