Korea Electric Power SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Energy, Total Reads: 816
SWOT Analysis of Korea Electric Power with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Korea Electric Power
Korea Electric Power Corporation
Becoming a world-top class company
Largest Electric Utility company in the South Korea.
Residential, Small and Large Businesses
South Korean cities and industrial areas
Leading power generation company of South Korea
1. Has over 65000 MW of generating capacity – has plants of thermal, nuclear and hydro power and has over 37,000 employees and 16 million customers
2. Generates almost all of Korea’s electricity
3. Also present in China, Ukraine, Taiwan, Philippines and in some other countries.
4. Ranked among the Fortune Global 500 companies and given A1 stable rating
5, Strong financial position and reputation
1. KEPCO being owned by South Korean Government, it is susceptible to lobbying and bureaucratic pressure. 2.Most of the portfolio is of thermal power plants and is thus not a balanced portfolio.
1.Increasing demand for power in the South Korea 2. Expanding portfolio to include other sources of power generation 3.Further expansion into other countries like China, Vietnam, in Africa, the U.S. etc
1.Rising prices of coal, oil poses a threat since most of KEPCO’s electricity is from thermal power
2.Expansion into some countries is difficult due to hostile policies of those countries towards South Korea – North Korea, China etc
1.Korea Midland Power 2.Taiwan Power Company 3.Manila Power Company
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.