SWOT Analysis of AGL Energy with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Energy in Action
Largest retailer of gas and Electricity in Australia
Industries, Big cities, Ports etc looking to electrical utlities solution
Industries, corporates, individuals
Leading power company in Australia
1. Operates in Australia, serves over 6 million+ customers 2. Generating capacity is 5000 MW – mostly of gas and coal powered plants, but also has wind, solar and hydro power plants. Largest retailer of Renewable power is Australia
3. Has strong market presence and is a vertically integrated company – has gas powered plants and is also involved in natural gas generation. Present in all parts of the Energy value chain. 4.Features in the ASX stock index of the top 50 Australian companies with a strong market capitalization
5. Strong presence across the country
1.It is present in Australia only
2. Govt interference often affects the operational efficiency of the company
1.Opportunities in South Asian Countries
2. Potential to expand renewable energy portfolio
3. High demand for power in Australia
1.Fall in Electricity prices would lead to lower profits
2.Presence of much larger companies – specially Chinese – may be an entry barrier in Asian markets
3. Consolidation of power industry in Australia
4. Rise in prices of coal would hamper profitability as close to half of installed capacity is coal based.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to AGL Energy. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.