Datang International Power SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Energy, Total Reads: 811
SWOT Analysis of Datang International Power with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Datang International Power
China Datang Corporation
One of the largest state owned power company in mainland China
Electric solutions for companies and corporates
Industries, Big cities, Ports etc
Major public utilities company in China
1.Operates in a large region in China with a total capacity of over 38000 MW – has over 40 power plants of thermal, hydro and nuclear power in its portfolio 2. Has a large asset base and a strong financial position 3.Features in the Chinese stock index of the top 50 Chinese companies
4. Good reputation of the company and stream lined operations
1.Concentration in a small area in China
2. Bureaucracy leads to inefficiency and since it is a state owned company, it is prone to bureaucracy.
1.Opportunities in other countries in South East Asia, Indian subcontinent etc
2. Growth opportunities in Renewable energy like Wind, Solar, Hydro power etc
3. High demand for power in China.
1.Bureaucracy limits growth into some parts in China where there are other state owned utilities
2.Rising prices of fuel in the international market.
3. Government intervention in Energy markets in China
4. Regional markets are expected to consolidate into one single energy market in China
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.