SWOT Analysis of CEPSA with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
International Petroleum Investment Company
Oil and Gas
Innovating for you
Our capacity to generate value is connected to our ability to understand what society expects
Corporates/Individuals with energy requirements
Entities which require motor fuels, petrochemicals , asphalt products and electricity
An integrated energy company operating at every stage of the oil value chain
1. CEPSA’s operations are vertically integrated, operating at every stage of the oil value chain, providing the company a significant competitive edge as well as enabling it to have significant economies of scale, reducing costs/earnings volatility 2. CEPSA has a wide customer base which reduces the company’s dependence on any one particular group, thereby reducing business risk 3. CEPSA has a strong market position, being one of the largest oil companies in Spain and a global leader in certain niche petrochemical products like Linear Alkyl benzene (LAB) , which in turn increases its bargaining power 4. CEPSA’s strong R&D capabilities and its focus on product innovation enhance the competitive edge of the company. Its engineering dept. built a Light Naphtha Reformer (LNR) at the La Rabida Refinery, Meta-Xylene Recovery Unit and Sulfur and Vacuum units at the Gibraltar-San Roque Refinery
5. 11,000+ employees work for the organisation
1. CEPSA’s operations are primarily limited to Europe as a result of which it does not benefit from the rapidly growing markets in Asia-Pacific where the demand for oil and gas is also robust 2. CEPSA’s operating incomes and margins are relatively lower compared to those of its competitors, which reflects the inefficient cost structure of the company and adversely affects Investors’ confidence in the company
1. Acquisitions of Chevron Espana and PET plant(from LA Seda De Barcelona) would help CEPSA expand its presence in the value chain, in addition to increasing its operations and geographical coverage 2. CEPSA’s strategic plan aims to turn it into a leading energy corporation, with a highly integrated organizational presence and a strong international presence 3. CEPSA has undertaken E&P initiatives in several foreign countries (like : Acquiring E&P rights from Hupecol Caracara (Colombia) and receiving authorization to develop Timimoum gas Field in Algeria) which if successful will derive good returns, thus improving the financial position of the company 4. A rising global demand for oil and natural gas, fuelled by a growing demand for energy worldwide, would help CEPSA boost its sales and strengthen its financial base, provided it keenly expands into international markets as well
1. CEPSA faces intense competition from other companies in the market, some of which have far higher financial resources and global reach, and such a competition can erode CEPSA’s market share, thus contributing to losses in revenue 2. Stringent environmental norms, driven by European Directives and international conventions are likely to increase compliance costs and put additional burden on oil companies like CEPSA 3. Continuing economic slowdown in the European Union, from where CEPSA derives a significant amount of its revenues, would lead to falling demand for its products, and thus inflict huge losses to the company
1. ExxonMobil Corporation 2. Gas Natural Fenosa 3. Royal Dutch Shell Plc 4. Statoil
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to CEPSA. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.