SWOT Analysis of EOG Resources with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Oil and Gas
When you think energy, think EOG
EOG focuses on rate of return to create superior shareholder value
Enterprises and individuals with energy requirements
Entities which require crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids
one of the largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies in the United States
1. It is the largest oil producer in the Eagle Ford Shale play (one of the best unconventional oil fields in North America) which, along with its technical acumen, place it at the forefront of US shale oil production growth 2. Its self-run operations (for instance, its innovative crude-by-rail facility, its own loading and unloading facilities by the rail tracks etc) helps in maintaining lowest possible operating cost structure which is also consistent with prudent and safe operations 3. EOG witnessed a strong performance across most of its geographic segments, driven by a significant organic growth in the company’s crude oil production and this helped the company gain higher profits, and boost investor confidence
4. Over 2000 employees with the company is a strong asset
1. Its operations are mainly concentrated in the US which heavily exposes the company to political, legal and economic risks specific to the country 2. EOG does not participate in retailing operations which has increased its exposure to external market factors such as low commodity prices.
1. EOG’s strategic shift towards a more balanced portfolio of natural gas liquids/heavily weighted crude oil from natural gas, has helped decrease its dependency on natural gas operations and also the risk of wide revenue fluctuations due to volatility in natural gas prices 2. Increasing demand for natural gas and shale gas in the US due to continued growth in industrial, commercial and residential consumption of natural gas will benefit EOG 3. Some of its in-house operations, like horizontal drilling (which reduces overall well costs, thus maximizing the rate of return) and crude-by-train(its own cheaper mode of crude transportation, which many other companies are taking help of) can help it increase its revenue over and above its primary operations
1. Stringent emission standards arising from governmental laws and regulations can adversely impact its operations and reduce revenue 2. Intense competition from other market players, which are larger in terms of revenue and presence, can make it lose its market share 3. Its international operations face threats from risks arising in those locations as well as by US laws/policies regulating foreign trade and taxation
1. Anadarko Petroleum Corporation 2. Apache Corporation 3. Dynergy Inc. 4. Duke Energy Corporation
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to EOG Resources. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.