SWOT Analysis of Nexen with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Oil and Gas
Responsible care ; See the value
We create value by responsibly supplying the energy that fuels people’s lives
Corporates and individuals with energy requirements
Entities which require natural gas, crude oil and bitumen
A global energy leader with an exciting future
1. Nexen’s strategic assets in some of the world’s most significant basins- including the UK North Sea, offshore West Africa, United States and Western Canada 2. Substantial conventional O&G acreage in the Golden Eagle development area near Aberdeen 3. Strong liquidity position, combined with strong operating cash netbacks, provides it with the financial flexibility to carry out newer investment programs
4. The company has a workforce of 3000+ employees
1. Increasing operating and production costs can stymie its profitability
2. The company has restricted global operations which means limited market share growth
1. Acquisition by CNOOC will enhance capital expenditure on Nexen’s assets 2. Tax Breaks from the UK government will help Nexen intensify its fracking operations 3. Potential growth of unconventional oil and gas sources such as shale gas etc, where it is involved in, can boost its financial performance
1. Volatility in crude oil or natural gas prices have a material adverse effect on its operations and financial condition 2. Exploratory, production and development risks can increase its operational costs and reduce its profitability 3. Stringent emission standards arising from governmental laws and regulations can adversely impact its operations and reduce revenue
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Nexen. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.