SWOT Analysis of Noble Energy with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Oil and Gas
Energizing the World, Bettering People's Lives
A leading independent energy company with a diverse portfolio of high-quality assets, a track record of success and a sound strategy for the future
Enterprises which require energy
Entities seeking crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids
An independent energy company engaged in worldwide exploration, development and production of oil and gas
1. It has a diverse portfolio of high quality assets spread across several countries, which allows it long-lived production at not-so-large maintenance capital 2. Strong cash flows from its core operating areas(DJ Basin, the Marcellus Shale, the deep water Gulf of Mexico, offshore West Africa and offshore Eastern Mediterranean) allows the company to reinvest in new assets and fund newer projects o increase future revenues 3. Strategic partnerships (with FOGL, Chevron in Sierra Leone and CONSOL etc) to expand its operations have helped it save costs, leverage the partners’ infrastructure and expertise, thereby allowing it to focus better on its core competencies
4. It has its presence spread across 5 countries
1. Dependence on third party pipelines for transportation and gathering facility, which can be temporarily unavailable, or be too cost-ineffective in the future 2. Noble’s operations are concentrated in five core areas: the DJ Basin, the Marcellus Shale, and the deep water Gulf of Mexico in the US, offshore West Africa, and the Eastern Mediterranean which exposes the company to huge losses in case of political and economic instability in these zones
1. Exploration projects in offshore Israel, Cyprus, Equatorial Guinea, West Africa and Mexico are expected to generate higher returns 2. Divestiture of non-core assets (eg. onshore US properties of Kansas, western Oklahoma, western Texas and the Texas Panhandle etc.) will allow the company to generate organizational and operational efficiencies as well as cash for use in its capital investment program 3. Increasing liquid fuel consumption in the US, coupled with the company’s growing focus on producing more liquids will help it gain increased revenues
1. Volatile global prices of crude oil and natural gas and their fluctuations could adversely affect the company’s operations and profitability 2. Intense competition with other integrated players in the market, with larger revenues and global operations could decline its market share, thereby affecting its businesses adversely 3. Stringent governmental rules and environmental regulations, which are difficult to comply with, may increase the costs of doing business, thereby reducing the company’s profitability in the business
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Noble Energy. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.