SWOT Analysis of Talisman Energy with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Oil and Gas
Largest private Canadian oil and gas company
Corporates and entities with energy requirements
Entities which require crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids
Canada’s largest independent oil and gas company
1. Talisman Energy has significant upstream operations of exploration; development, production, transportation and marketing of crude oil, which helps it, gain a competitive edge 2. It has a diversified geographical presence (in North America, the North Sea, Southeast Asia, Australia, and North Africa), thereby reducing its business risks arising in a particular geography 3. It has an employee base of 3000 people 4. It has significant position as regards owning Shale Gas resources in the US, which is an upcoming boom sector in unconventional natural gas source
5. It is one of the largest energy companies in Canada
1. It is dependent on third party operators for operating some of the assets in which it has interests which could adversely affect the its financial performance 2. It has limited scale to compete with large players in the industry, which are much larger in terms of revenue generated, employees, and presence in international markets
1. It has announced a number of new oil and gas projects, with an increase in capital expenditure plans, funded by cash provided through operating activities, proceed from expected asset sales and its own balance sheet strength 2. Joint venture with Mitsubishi Corporation, Sinopec and other agreements (namely with PETRONAS, and Kurdistan regional government) to expand its operations and deepen its international exploration portfolio will provide Talisman additional growth opportunities and drive its revenue growth 3. Divestiture of non-core assets in British Columbia, Peru and Poland in order to focus on its assets which offer highest returns, and growth potential will help it focus on its core business and strengthen its market position
1. Fluctuations in crude oil or natural gas prices have a material adverse effect on its operations and financial condition, the value of its oil and natural gas reserves, and its level of spending for oil and gas exploration and development 2. Intense competition from other market players, which are larger in terms of revenue and presence, can make Talisman lose its market share 3. Operational hazards could result in personal injury or loss of life, damage or destruction of properties, environmental damage, cost of remedying such conditions or incidents, regulatory investigations and penalties, and liability to third parties, thus increasing its operating costs and reducing its profitability 4. Stringent governmental laws and environmental regulations could have an adverse effect on Talisman's business by increasing costs, impacting development schedules, reducing revenue and cash flow from natural gas and oil sales, reducing Talisman's liquidity.
1. BP Plc. 2. ExxonMobil Corporation 3. Petro-Canada 4. Cairn Energy Plc.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Talisman Energy. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.