SWOT Analysis of Essar Energy with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Oil and Gas
Operating one of largest single location refinery of 20 mmtpa in India at Jamnagar, Gujarat
Corporates and individuals in India and the UK looking to fulfill energy needs
Enterprises looking to produce energy , people who depend on petrol, diesel for vehicles and domestic uses
An integrated energy company engaged in the generation and transmission of power and the production, exploration, refining and marketing of oil and gas
1.World class, low cost integrated energy company focused on India and positioned to capitalize on India’s rapidly growing energy demand 2. Established track record, and US$18 billion of assets across the power and oil and gas industries. 3.Modern, countrywide network of 1,600 operational and under construction retail fuel outlets. 4.One of India's largest private power producers with a 15-year operating track record.
5.Strong, captive infrastructure like port / jetty, power plants in proximity.
6. Large proportion of operating costs under control through long-term contracts.
7. Strong senior management team: each member has industry experience of about 30 years in leading oil and gas companies.
1. Company operations are bound by govt regulations and fluctuations 2. Higher level of debt due to adverse sales tax ruling and historical backlog of CDR period interest impacting capability to take up future growth projects. 3. Exposure to geo-political risks for crude sourcing due to lack of equity crude.
1. Optimise performance of all existing assets 2. Pursue growth through both brown field and green field energy projects in various energy areas 3. Leverage skills and Indian asset base to identify growth opportunities Increasing natural gas market globally
1. Rising oil prices, overheating, high inflation are posing new threat to world economic recovery thus impacting growth of oil industry 2. Environmental and Safety regulations 3. Economic instability and fluctuations in India's policies
4. The intense competition faced by the group can erode its market share and operating margins.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.