SWOT Analysis of Hellenic Petroleum with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Oil and Gas
Energy for Life
The largest oil refining company in Greece
Enterprises and individuals with energy requirements
Entities which require petroleum products and petrochemicals
An integrated energy company engaged in the refining and distributor of petroleum and petrochemical products
1. Its integrated operations of Refining, Exploration and Production, Gas and Power, Petrochemicals and Marketing give it a strong market position. 2. Its strong financial performance, via achievement of strategic targets, despite the Greek crisis has imparted it a strong market presence in Greece 3. Increased efficiency as a result of various strategic steps (creation of international Refining and Marketing division, systematizing monitoring of operational expenses etc.) has lead to strong financial returns in the recent past 4. It has presence in 6 southeast European nations with an employee base of nearly 3000 people 5. Joint venture of its subsidiary T-Power with Italian company Edison for power generation which gave Hellenic Petroleum a competitive edge in this field
1. Its deteriorating profitability ratios have been a major source of trouble for its finances 2. Greece’s economic turmoil and the Eurozone crisis have resulted in Hellenic Petroleum having less to very limited liquidity
1. Its business expansion plans to strengthen its oil exploration portfolio in Egypt, Libya and Montenegro can help reap rich dividends 2. Increase in refining capacities of its Aspropyrgos refinery (to match increasing oil product demands) due to up gradation has paved the way to higher refinery margins and increased profitability for Hellenic Petroleum 3. Launching of a new advanced diesel production unit at Elefsina, west of Athens and awarding of Patraikos exploration off shore block (oil and hydrocarbons) in western Greece is expected to increase its revenues substantially
1. Rising capital costs in the refinery sector can impair its productivity and thereby hamper its revenue growth 2. The global economic scenario and political and economic volatility can result in sudden rapid fluctuations in demand/price of oil thereby harming the company’s interests 3. Its competitors in the market, bigger in size and possessing more financial and other resources can cause erosion in its market share and profitability
1. Motor Oil (Hellas) Corinth Refineries SA 2. Revoil S.A
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Hellenic Petroleum. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.