SWOT Analysis of Tullow Oil with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Oil and Gas
Africa’s largest independent oil company
Enterprises with energy requirements
Entities which require oil and gas
An independent oil and gas exploration, development and production group
1. Headquartered in London, it has a strong presence across several African countries (generating a major share of its revenues from Africa), which gives it a competitive edge 2. Its strategy of selective development of assets (either choosing an asset or selling it fully, or in part) helps it derive maximum benefit from its asset base 3. Its growing and improved reserve base in the African nations is heralding financial benefits for it 4. Its improved operational efficiency as a result of its drilling in geological formations similar to those in which oil has already been discovered at other locations 5. Its strong financial performance in the recent past through portfolio activities and refinancing
6. Over 1400 employees are a part of the company
1. The global economic turmoil and the Eurozone crisis have resulted in Tullow Oil having less to limited liquidity 2. Increasing operating costs has lead to a serious decline in its operating cash flow per oil barrel as well as cash generated from operations 3. Increase in debt funding and high existing debts(net $989 million nearly) have increased its burden of repayment and can adversely impact its overall profitability
1. Robust capital expenditure plans (split strategically between exploration, appraisal, development and potential portfolio management activities) will help it optimally utilize its existing resources 2. Increasing demand for lighter less viscous crude oil (light oil) which is currently one of the focus areas of Tullow Oil, will prove advantageous for it and help it gain increased revenues 3. Increasing oil demand from China, India and other emerging Asian markets will allow it to offset risks emanating from a slump in oil demand from developed markets in US and Europe, as well as increase its future revenues 4. Its geographic spread across Europe and Africa where it is undertaking several new exploration and development activities will add to its overall production growth
1. Intense competition from other players in the market, which are larger in terms of finances and support base, and with integrated operations, pose the risk of its market share getting eroded 2. Global economic risks can lead to uncertain and heavy fluctuations of oil and gas prices, which can adversely affect its production and revenues 3. Geo political risks in the countries in which it operates are outside its control and as such, in unforeseen circumstances, an adversely impair its operations 4. Increasing presence of Asian NOCs (Nationalized Oil Companies) in the African continent, which is its main asset base, can pose a risk to its revenues
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Tullow Oil. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.