SWOT Analysis of Saras Refinerie Sarde with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Saras Refinerie Sarde
Saras Refinerie Sarde
Oil and Gas
A company full of energy
One of only six supersites in Europe, with a capacity of 300,000 barrels per day
Enterprises and individuals with energy requirements
Entities which need oil, natural gas and various fuel products
A company engaged in crude oil refining business and the sale of products derived from the refining process
1. Its dominant position with a large market share in its home country, Italy 2. Its diversified operations give it a strong base and help increase its revenues 3. Its operations are integrated, which helps it derive maximum out of the energy value chain it operates in 4. It has one of the biggest high complexity refineries in the Mediterranean Sea, which gives it a strategic locational advantage 5. Its IGCC (Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle): the largest liquid fuelgasification plant in the world that converts heavy refining residues into clean gas, with limited environmental impact, delivers more robust asset base to it
1. Its limited geographic presence in regions outside Europe puts it at a disadvantageous position against its competitors 2. Its heavy dependency on crude suppliers for its refining activities, without much self-exploratory drilling, serves against its interests 3. Low operating margins due to higher costs, lower fuel oil production and volatile price of fuel oil
1. Huge demand for middle distillate fuels, which it primarily produces, serves to improve its sales and thereby help growth 2. Its strategic restructuring and expansion plans, which are designed to increase production, improve efficiency and give it a wider portfolio 3. Its storage facilities for distribution of products at Arcola (Italy) and Cartagena (Spain) help serve the huge and growing demand for underground gas storage requirements in Europe 4. Growing demand for energy generation from clean renewable resources, which it can leverage using its Wind farm with capacity of 96 MW in Ulassai (Sardinia)
1. Stringent laws and environmental regulations imposed by its home country would raise its capital costs and lead to declining profit 2. Intense competition from other players in the market, which have a larger asset base and more spread geographically, can lead to erosion in its market share 3. Volatility in oil and fuel prices, coupled with economic turmoil in Europe can hamper its operations and lead to losses
1. Hellenic Petroleum 2. Neste Oil Oyj 3. Valero Energy Corporation 4. Motor Oil (Hellas) Corinth Refineries S.A
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Saras Refinerie Sarde. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.