SWOT Analysis of Ultra Petroleum with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Oil and Gas
Uniquely focused on delivering profitable growth and consistent, sustainable financial performance
Enterprises and individuals with energy requirements
Entities which require oil and natural gas
A leading independent energy company actively engaged in the exploration and production of oil and natural gas
1. Its strong oil and gas reserves and robust asset base (at Lancepool, Marcellus, Wyoming, Colorado and Pennsylvania etc.) helps it in maintaining a strong competitive market position 2. Its capability to maintain low cost operations helps it win investor confidence and thereby maintain sustained profitability 3. Its efficient operations, via utilization of advanced technologies, detailed technical analysis of its properties et.al allows it to record better profits and improve overall operational performance 4. Increasing production due to its expanding operations as well as improved results from the wells put on production
5. Its strong position in the market with minimum human workforce (hardly an employee base of 100+)
1. Its dependence on other companies for operations in some of its own assets can affect it financial performance as the success and timing of Ultra Petroleum's activities on assets operated by others would therefore depend on a number of factors that may be outside of the company's control 2. A significant indebtedness can affect its future borrowing capability and have adverse impact on its future growth and expansion plans 3. Declining profitability ratios will negatively affect its future plans
1. Increasing demand for natural gas in the US can be used by the company as a leverage to boost its operations and profitability 2. The company, to further exploit opportunities and penetrate the market, can use the increasing demand for shale gas in the US, and a trend, which shows that it will soon eclipse Coal Seam Gas demand 3. Increasing natural gas production from the shale plays will place the company in a favorable position to leverage future demand for natural gas in the US 4. Its capital investment program focusing on its profitable ventures can lead to higher growth
1. Intense competition from other market players, which have larger resources in terms of assets and finances, can erode its market share 2. Uncertainty in oil and natural gas prices would restrict Ultra Petroleum’s ability to continue the level of exploration and production activity which could have a material adverse effect on its revenues, cash flows, and results of operations 3. Complex federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing the protection of the environment, levied by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) could hamper its existing operations or even the future growth prospects, which in turn could affect the overall profitability
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ultra Petroleum. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.