Canadian Oil Sands SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Energy, Total Reads: 1508
SWOT Analysis of Canadian Oil Sands with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Canadian Oil Sands
Canadian Oil Sands
Oil and Gas
Invested in our energy future
A pure investment opportunity in light, sweet crude oil
Enterprises and individuals with energy requirements
Entities which require crude oil
An open-ended investment company that invests in crude oil
1. Its sound financial performance over the past few years shows its robust operations and business 2. Its ownership Structure, whereby it has a share in Syncrude Joint Venture operated by Syncrude Canada (which operates oil sand mines, utilities plants, bitumen extraction plants and an upgrading complex that processes bitumen into a high-quality, low sulphur, light synthetic crude oil (SCO) 3. Its strong financial performance with an employee base of meagerly 25 people 4. Its joint ventures and strategic partnerships and acquisitions (of Canada Southern Petroleum) gives it a wider reach and access 5. It completed reorganization of Canadian Oil Sands Trust into a corporation, pursuant to the conversion all outstanding units of the trust were exchanged for common shares of the Corporation on a one-for-one basis
1. Its has limited vertical integration puts it a competitive disadvantage against its larger, more networked competitors 2. Its small size is a detriment against its much larger, financially stronger competitors
1. Potential oil sands in the Canadian region offer more expansion chances to the company 2. Its strategic expansion plans beyond Canada gives it access to better resources, and financial methods 3. Its incorporation of wet crushing technology , as a modern technique puts it at a technological vantage point as regards its other competitors 4. Its capital investment approach, aimed at maximizing returns, will pay off rich dividends
1. Intense competition with other market players, which have greater financial resources, credit access, geographical reach can erode its market reach
2. Its operations are subject to extensive federal, state and local environmental regulatory requirements, which can increase its compliance costs and impact its profit margins adversely 3. Fluctuations in Oil and gas prices, due to reasons outside its control, can adversely impact its operations
1. Arc Resources Ltd. 2. Anterra Energy 3. EnCana Corporation 4. Ivanhoe Energy Inc.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Canadian Oil Sands. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.