Centerpoint Energy SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Energy, Total Reads: 913
SWOT Analysis of Centerpoint Energy with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Natural Gas Utilities
Creating an intelligent future.Today
One of the most prominent domestic gas and utlities companies of USA
Enterprises and individuals with energy requirements
Entities which require natural gas and electricity
A domestic energy delivery company involved in electric transmission and distribution, natural gas distribution, competitive natural gas sales and services, interstate pipelines, and field services operations
1. With a balanced portfolio of business operations and their presence across regulated markets, it has been able to lower its operational risks and generate stable earnings 2. Its extensive and elaborate natural gas pipeline system ensures efficient and effective movement of natural gas, helps deliver peak load to power plants and transport gas to areas of high demand through interstate pipeline network, thereby adding to the company’s top-line growth 3. Its development of traditional (natural gas gathering systems in Olympia and Magnolia Gat) and shale basins (Haynesville, Fayetteville, White Eagle) will benefit its business prospects 4. Its excellent network infrastructure aided by its employee base of nearly 7500, and its huge customer base make it an important player in the natural gas market 5. Its diversified business operations (viz. electric transmission and distribution; natural gas distribution; competitive natural gas sales and services; interstate pipelines; field services; and other operations) gives it considerable business advantage and a strong cash-liquidity position
1. Its receivables from its electricity distribution network are collected from REPs, which supply the electricity and as such, any delay or default in payment could adversely affect its financial condition and results of operations 2. Its dependence on subsidiaries (to meet its debt obligations, due to its holding company structure) and on third parties for power generation (of the electricity it transmits) can have adverse impact on its business in case of default by these subsidiaries/third parties
1. Strategic agreements, acquisitions and partnerships (with Encana Oil and Gas, Prism gas Systems, Wascom gas Processing Company, Minneapolis Energy etc.) will provide it with an enhanced scale, broad geographic reach, and expanded capabilities 2. It opened a new 122,000 square-foot natural gas facility in Houston’s East end to provide training, warehousing, and construction and maintenance activities that will serve all of its six-state natural gas service territory, which would thereby would result in increased profitability 3. Rising demand for energy in the US, boosted by increased use of oil, gas and electricity will give it an opportunity to grow its transmission and distribution operations
1. Its operations are subject to extensive federal, state and local environmental regulatory requirements, as well as stringent pipeline regulations, which can increase its compliance costs and impact its profit margins adversely 2. Intense competition with other market players, which have greater financial resources, credit access, geographical reach can erode its market reach 3. Fluctuations in prices of oil and gas, due to reasons outside its control can adversely impact its profitability
1. Dominion Resources Inc. 2. Duke Energy Corporation. 3. Wisconsin Energy 4. Calpine Corporation
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Centerpoint Energy. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.