SWOT Analysis of INPEX with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Oil and gas
Energy for a bright future
Japan's largest oil and gasexploration and production (E&P)company
Enterprises and individuals with energy requirements
Entities which require oil and natural gas
A mineral exploration company that is engaged in the research, exploration, development, production and sale of oil, natural gas and other mineral resources
1. A geographically diversified project portfolio (70 exploration projects in 25+ countries) helps it reap high dividends and gain an advantage over its competitors 2. Its improving operational efficiencies have made it post huge operational profits and made it lucrative for investors 3. Its strong R&D focus gives it a technological edge over its rivals 4. Its net profit and revenues have been consistently high 5. It has a employee base of about 2,000+ people who operate in nearly five countries
1. Decline in natural gas production due to its depleting resources results in lower profits and operational activities 2. Growing use of renewable energy sources, which led to introduction of a new law in Japan, viz. RPS (Renewable Portfolio Standard), to promote the utilization of non-conventional sources of energy, can decrease the consumption of gas as an energy source, which would affect the revenues of the company
1. Its business expansion initiatives will give it a wider reach and more options to diversify itself 2. Growth in global energy demand, as a result of increase in oil and gas demand across the world is sure to bring higher profits for it 3. Its medium and long term business strategies, to accrue profits and gain an edge over its rivals will help it strengthen its position
1. Intense competition with other market players, which have greater financial resources, credit access, geographical reach can erode its market reach
2. Its operations are subject to extensive federal, state and local environmental regulatory requirements, which can increase its compliance costs and impact its profit margins adversely 3. Fluctuations in Oil and gas prices, due to reasons outside its control, can adversely impact its operations 4. Natural disasters like the Great East Japan Earthquake of 2012, can impact its operations and cause it massive losses in revenue
1. AOC holdings Ltd. 2. Toho Acetylene Co. Ltd. 3. JX Nippon Oil and Gas Exploration Corp. 4. Chevron Corporation
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to INPEX. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.