SWOT Analysis of British Gas with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
The British Gas Corporation
Coal, Biomass, Hydroelectricity
Looking after your world
Across UK giving energy to over 12 million households
Corporates, small scale business people and individuals looking to fulfill energy needs
Residential customers looking for energy needs and industries
We are the leaders in technological innovation and we promise to deliver smarter homes.
1. Technological innovators – First to introduce mobile controlled heating, electricity generating boilers in UK market
2. Generates substantial part of the total electricity for the consumers in the National electricity market 3. Key initiatives like Consultant advices for energy management through efficient invoices and billing systems 4. Sports marketing - Involved in sports sponsorship with the British swimming team and sponsored the Southern Football League.
5. Its offerings include Gas, Electricity, Boilers and central heating, Plumbing and drains, Renewable Energy and Home appliance services
1. Heavy dependence on the wholesale market
2. Scrutinized by the British Govt. for raising the tariff prices has tarnished the image of British gas.
3. Residential energy price hikes has led to a slump in customer base
1. Huge growth opportunity in the retail business 2. Optimistic energy policies in the forthcoming years to come.
1. Rising power costs in the North Sea and weak economics for gas storage and gas-fired power generation in UK region 2. Increase in wholesale gas and electricity prices. 3. Existing Government regulations in the retail energy sector
4. Market conditions look set to remain challenging for our gas-fired power stations with no sign of material recovery
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to British Gas. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.