SWOT Analysis of Snowy Hydro with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Snowy Hydro Limited
Electricity generation and retailing company
Working together for zero harm
Rural as well as urban households
Lower electricity bills, latest technology
1. Owns and operates 3950 megawatt (MW) Snowy Mountains Scheme, an integrated water and hydro-electric power project, the 300MW Valley Power gas-fired power station and the 320MW Laverton North gas-fired power station
2.Operates a network of seven plants, 30+ generation units 15 dams and 225+ kilometers (km) of aqueducts and tunnels
3.Has access to the best technology and highly skilled employees
4. High on innovation with a huge Snowy Hydro Innovation centre that is researching on latest technology like cloud seeding etc.
5. Australia’s largest energy company and has an advantage by being associated with government.
1. Products are costly thereby decreasing sales volume
2. Hike in the price of energy in the foreseeable future.
1.Can expand into the other sources of renewable energy generation 2.Can collaborate with other nations (especially developing) and lend their technology for setting up hydroelectric power projects
1. There were talks about privatisation of the company, creating uncertainty about its future
2. With stronger environmental regulations, clearances for hydroelectric power plants are becoming more and more difficult.
2.International Power (Australia) Holdings Pty Ltd
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.