SWOT Analysis of Vaseline with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Personal Care – Skin Care
Keeping skin amazing since 1870
Vaseline develops products to keep the skin amazing
Personal Skin Care products
Middle class all age groups for skin care
Nobody knows skin –and how to keep it at its healthy best –better than Vaseline.
Vaseline SWOT Analysis
1. Vaseline products available in over 60 countries for over 130 years 2. Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is one of the most widely used products to fight dry skin 3. Strong brand recognition and high market share 4. High Versatility of the product and good R&D 5. Product range include plain petroleum jelly and a selection of skin creams, soaps, lotions, cleansers, deodorants and personal lubricants.
6. Good presence of Vaseline products at stores, supermarkets etc because of extensive distribution
7. Strong advertising on the brand and its products
1. Severe competition in the skin care and cream segment 2. The drawback of a popular Vaseline ‘brandname’ is other or fake products sell under its name
1. Popularise Vaseline Sheer Infusion contains patented Stratys-3 technology and is the new body lotion that infuses and suspends moisture across all layers of skin 2. Vaseline Intensive Rescue is the latest innovation for dry and very dry skin from Vaseline 3. No significant direct competitive petroleum jelly products that effect Vaseline Petroleum Jelly market share
1. Lack of consumer advertising as Vaseline focuses more on trade promotion 2. Specific Use Products (like baby care or sun burn cream) can compete against the versatility of the product 3. Direct competition in the petroleum jelly market from other brands like Johnson & Johnson
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.