SWOT Analysis of Clairol with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Procter and Gamble
Your Source for Hair color; A totally organic experience; Does she…or doesn’t she?
So natural that it is not noticed that hair is dyed
Hair care for urban women
It is a premium product targeting modern young urban women
Hair color expert
1. Product of a global manufacturer P&G with good distribution networks 2. The scale of P&G provides Clairol a competitive advantage over other brands 3. Very successful brand building over the years has created a positive attitude towards the product 4. Superior technology gives Clairol the upper hand
5. P&G’s investments in advertising
6. It has a variety of products like Nice 'n Easy, Natural Instincts, Perfect Lights, Balsam, Herbal Essences
1. Shampoo market has low loyalty and consumers switch easily means limited market share 2.Economic downturn hurting consumer spending
1. Expansion into newer international markets 2.Dilution of regulations on cosmetics 3.Modern trends where women are open to trying cosmetics in developing countries
4. New product lines
1.Intense competitions from various brands 2. Changing fashion and tastes of contemporary consumers 3.Volatile costs
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.