SWOT Analysis of Unilever with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Brands with a Purpose (Social)
Sustainable practices and good brand recall
Foods, beverages, cleaning agents and personal care products
Individuals and households
Positioned as brands with a purpose
1. Operates in nearly 190 countries around the world and hence, has a global footprint combined with top of the mind brand recall
2. Broad portfolio of brands and a diversified product range, positioned to tap into the changing consumer preferences across the world.
3. Research and Development initiatives to bring to the market innovative and cutting edge products in tune and in line with consumer preferences.
4. Flexible pricing and expertise in distribution channels that manage to reach the nook and the corner of the globe.
5. The economies of scale arising from its breadth of operations as well as synergies between its many manufacturing facilities, which totaled 270 locations around the world at last count.
6. Products are globally famous yet retain a distinct local flavor.
7. It has over 170,000+ employees globally
8. Strong and effective advertising and marketing
9. Excellent CSR initiatives have strengthened its position worldwide
1. Substitutable products especially in the emerging markets in Africa and Asia where the rural consumers in the hinterland often use traditional and natural alternatives
2. Cut-throat competition means constant price wars which lead to less margins
1. Globalization and the proliferation of global media
2. Emergence of the health conscious consumer in the developed world.
3. Good track record of social and environment responsibility which appeals to the ethical chic consumer who like to buy and consume products and brands that are responsibly made and sustainably complete.
1. Ongoing global economic crisis
2. Local products as alternatives to its brands
3. Competitive market where the other global giants like P&G and Nestle in addition to a host of local players challenge its dominance in the Trillion Dollar FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) space.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Unilever. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.