SWOT Analysis of Strepsils with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Personal Care Brands- Health
First aid for sore throats
A complete range of products to treat sore throats, cough, cold.
Throat lozenge segment
Urban middle class adults
A palatable, comfortable, reliable and very effective way to soothe a sore throat.
1. Strepsils is the medicated throat lozenge which dominates both pharmacy and grocery. 2. A clear leader in the pharmacy throat lozenge market. 3. Highly marketed brand sold in around 110 countries. 4. The formula for strepsils has never changed since its inception giving it a strong hold.
5. Various flavors available 6. Good advertising and availability across the world
1. Rural presence is negligible 2. Presence of other popular brands means brand switching is high
1. To explore untapped rural market 2. To make it a tasty brand to be taken without any ailment also 3. Tie-ups with schools, hospitals, corporate etc
1. Substitutes such as Ayurvedic medicines. 2. Other cough syrups, balms, etc
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Strepsils. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.