SWOT Analysis of Zandu Balm with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Desh ka balm-Ek balm teen kaam
Unique Ayurvedic formulation that gives relief from three kind of pains-headaches, colds and body pains
Pain relief brand
With already established presence in the middle aged and old, company now targets youth
A unique formulation, arrived at after thousands of versions
1. Present in the market for last 100 years, thus has a kind of legacy and Indianness associated with it and very well accepted in the market. 2. One of the power brands of Emami and assumes the leadership position in the product category, it ranked no. 3 in the OTC personal care category as per brand equity most trusted brands. 3. Availability in smaller containers of 1.2 ml ensures customer affordability and wider reach. 4. Celebrity endorsements by people from diverse fields further strengthen the brand
5. Good availability and distribution due to strong parent brand
1. It does not have any differentiating ingredients; all of its competitors claim to have the same methyl salicylate and herbal ingredients as Zandu. 2. Involvement in controversies over copyright violation of Zandu balm with Dabangg though gave it publicity but negatively affected the brand image. 3. Emami’s own brand Mentho plus also caters to the same segment giving rise to cannibalization.
1. It has such intense emotional bonding with its users that every consumer research on packaging throws back a design that is closest to the original pack. 2. By Munni( malaika arora) doing a special ad for zandu, the brand would benefit from the success of movie Dabangg too. 3. Sedentary lifestyles will create a fresh demand for pain relievers
1. The Brand is moving towards becoming generic with such long years of existence in the market. In 2010, the name being used in a movie song caused a lot of furore. 2. Pain relief sprays might act as substitutes and hurt the entire category 3. Cheap imitation products
1. Amrutanjan balm 2. Mentho Plus balm 3.Tiger balm
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.