SWOT Analysis of Surf Excel Matic with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Surf Excel Matic
Soap & Detergents
Daag achchhe hain
A premium category detergent which is customized for front-load washing machines
Soap & Detergents
Urban families which use washing machines to wash clothes due to convenience and lack of time
As a premium category product which is used for washing clothes in washing machines and encourages consumers to indulge in fun activities without worrying about their clothes
1. Market leader in the washing-machine using market of washing powders 2. Premium Detergent Brand for HUL introduced in 1959 3. Surf Excel quick wash is powered with a path-breaking technology- it reduces water consumption and time taken for rinsing by 50% 4. Strong distribution network by HUL, which is beneficial for the product 5. Good brand visibility and advertising with new ad campaigns to keep brand top-of-the-mind
1. Slightly Higher price prevents it from reaching to the mass of customers 2. Product awareness not high among rural markets 3. Legal issues due to brand wars
1. Increase its market share in Tier-1 by promotions, both traditional & non-traditional
2. Introduce and promote a top-load washing-machine compatible variant
1. Low profit margins in detergent sector 2.Threat from existing and new players in the market
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Surf Excel Matic. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.