SWOT Analysis of Dial Soap with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Aren't You Glad You Use Dial?
A Leading brand in the world of personal cleansing
All users of Personal care products
Every user of body care products including children(Hello Kitty) and adults (both male & female)
Your Perfect Product
1.Dial was the first antibacterial soap introduced in the United States and gained the first mover advantage
2. Dial is one of the top-selling soaps in the US with a loyal customer base 3. Its acquisition by Henkel Ltd. allows Dial to enter Global market rather than just United States and Canada 4. Dial has a wide range of products from Body Wash, Hand Soap, Sanitizer, Lotion to serve all requirements of body care segment
1. Overexposure to USA and Canada under unfavourable economic conditions
2. Dial Corporation has looked to reposition their brands in order to capitalize on the changing buying patterns, which has confused the end consumers
1. Growing personal care products market & positive market outlook for the laundry and home care division
2. Dial can leverage the superior R&D skills of Henkel to develop better products in its category
3. Recent Lawsuit filed by Dial against News Corp. for malpractices may lead to a positive brand equity for Dial both industry wide and with end consumers
1. Excessive competition in the FMCG sector with many major players reduces the profit margins and sales prospects for Dial 2. High inflation could cause substantial rise in the operating cost 3. Changing global retail scenario and increasing dependence on key retailers may adversely affect its revenues
4. Global recession has led to shoppers switching to cheaper alternatives or looking to make consumption of existing brands more cost-effective, which increases threat for Dial corp. competing on quality products
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dial Soap. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.