SWOT Analysis of Emami with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Consumer Products, Food & Beverages
Products that cater to niche segments
Products and services for daily needs
All Indian households especially middle class
Herbal, natural and organic products for both beauty and health
1. Its strategy is to develop niche segments into brands which have always given it the first mover’s advantage. It did just that with its men’s fairness cream — Fair and Handsome — as it carved out a virgin segment from within what is now a Rs 1,400 crore fairness cream market in India.
2. Emami covers all the states with 32 depots across India and enjoys a wide distribution network comprising strong network of 3500 distributors and 4000 sub distributors , with direct retail reach across of 5,00,000 outlets
3. Strong brands in its portfolio; Boroplus, Navaratna, Fair & Handsome, Zandu are all Rs 100 crore plus brands.
4. Significant international presence in countries like Ukraine, Russia and Nepal
1. It has not diversified much. It had planned to enter into baby care segment but later on pulled back.
1. Demographic trends like increasing population and purchasing power favor the consumer healthcare market, thus opportunities for growth.
2. Related diversification into growing categories
3. With growth in modern retail, it should look into opportunities of how to cater to this channel
1. Intense and increasing competition amongst other FMCG companies 2. FDI in retail thereby allowing international brands and increasing bargaining power of big retailers which could negotiate for better margins 3. Competition from unbranded and local products
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Emami. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.