SWOT Analysis of Luby’s with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Food and Beverages
Good food from good people
specializing in made-from-scratch comfort food
Food & beverage restaurants
The cafeterias cater primarily to shoppers and to store and office personnel at lunchtime, and to families for the dinner meal.
Homestyle food, cafeteria, American
1. Luby's Cafeterias, Inc. is the largest chain of cafeterias in America - approx 100 Luby’s Cafeteria Styled restaurants across the US 2. Good Brand recall through publicity from book publishings and awards received for the books
3. Diversified Business - Luby's Culinary Services provides contract food service management to sites including healthcare, higher education & corporate dining locations.
4. Strong advertising strategy through appearances on TV Shows and other mainstream marketing channels
5. Seasonal promotional Activities - Luby’s offers several complete meal packages as well as whole meats and sides for guests to purchase for their celebrations.
6. Caters to customer tastes in their local markets with specialized menu offerings.
7. Luby's has recorded one of the lowest turnovers of support staff in the restaurant industry & has over 8000+ employees
1. Affected by economic situation - due to the economic recession, Luby's closed 25 stores and laid off staff as a cost-cutting measure 2. Vast franchise network – leading to inconsistencies in offering quality
1. Develop a digital marketing / social media strategy to align with youth customers 2. Increase customer engagement through additional promotional activities
3. Expand to emerging economies where the market is yet not saturated
1. Economic recession leading to customers spending less on eating out
2. Competition from stand-alone cafeterias which offer highly customized and innovative menus
3. Increasing costs of operations reduces profit margins
1. Denny’s Corporation 2. Golden Corral Corporation
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Luby’s. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.