SWOT Analysis of Ben & Jerry with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Ben & Jerry
Food & Beverage
Eat away you feelings
Innovative flavors of all natural % high quality premium ice cream & related products
People who love premium quality ice creams
Targeted towards kids , adults , rich families
Positioned as an Premium ice cream restaurant , their aim is to sell the finest quality all- natural ice cream & related products in a wide variety of innovative flavors
1. High Brand recall among US consumers, prestigious branding through different promotional events “free cone day” 2. Improved credibility due to the brands constant involvement social activities 3. Large market share in USA in premium ice cream category 4.Trusted for its high quality & ecofriendly products , hygiene
5. Environmental friendly packaging
6. It was the first branded ice cream to be taken in space shuttle
7. Strong legacy since it is formed in 1978
8. It has a strong advertising and marketing presence
1. Intense competition means limited market share 2. The brand name has been hurt by past political and social controversies
1. Frequent product innovation and diversification to address threats of substitute and imitation products and meet changing consumer preferences (i.e. lactose-free ice cream, all organic line of frozen desserts, cookies 2. Continue franchising scoop shops to increase its market reach and withstand growing competition, both nationally and internationally. 3. Extend the brand into other categories
1. Health conscious people refraining from ice creams or switching over to low fat ice creams 2. Increasing competitors in premium category as well as in local markets
3. Food & drug regulation, Environmental regulations
4. Protect its public image in light of the recent acquisition by Unilever by maintaining its current position as a market-leader in environmentally and socially responsible business practices.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ben & Jerry. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.