SWOT Analysis of Outback Steakhouse with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Food & Beverage
Always fresh in the outback
All meat is heavily seasoned; there is a many spice blend for the steaks themselves. It fries its food in beef tallow, and uses real butter and heavy cream in many dishes, The Bloomin' Onion is a signature Outback item
People who love steaks
Family , kids , college goers
Australian-themed American casual dining restaurant chain
1. Outback's bar selections are highly regionalized depending on local taste & preference
2. Outback serves Foster's Lager; an Australian brand of beverage exported around the world.
3. In Malaysia, Outback Steakhouse offers a pork-free menu to cater for Muslim customers
4. More than 1200 restaurants in 20+ countries
5. Outback also offers a gluten free menu for its normal menu items with slight variations. Outback has recently added gluten free beverage choices like Angry Orchard cider & "light style" option to the menu
6. Outback also sponsors the NCAA football Outback Bowl & Heineken USA, high community involvement through donations & sponsorship.
7. Online ordering facility is there
1. Some journals have allegedly claimed the food to be unhealthy
2. Intense competition means limited market share and lack of clear differentiation in offerings
1. Can include more range of breakfast menu items
2. Can improve the service so that people have to wait less
3. Can expand in more areas as it is a popular steakhouse
4. Have more price range points to cater to all types of segments
1. Growing competition from other international & local brands which means threats of declining market share 2. Increasing operating cost (logistics, real estate ) which can decrease the profits
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.