SWOT Analysis of Chivas Regal with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Food and Beverages
Live with Chivalry
It is the market-leading Scotch whisky aged 12 years and above in Europe and Asia Pacific.
Premium scotch drinkers
Successful upper middle class & upper class individuals
Chivas Regal reminds people that there were elements of living one's life besides personal advancement such as enjoying friends' company or celebrating the success of others.
1. Global presence. Brands in over 70 countries. 2. Chivas Regal whiskies are blended in a distinctive house style of a mellow, honeyed flavour. This gives it a unique taste.
3. Bottle recognition & different dispensing instruments. 4. Sponsorships- It sponsored many music concerts, lifestyle event in Asia & many more
5. Excellent advertising and top of the mind brand recall
1. Brand protection is costly as many fake products with its name affects sales and brands
2. Competition from other premium brands mean limited market share
1.PernodRicard is set to change the 1.75-litre package format for its Chivas Regal 12 Year Old in the US. This decision is based on the consumer feedback. This move is likely to improve the brand image.
2.The global distribution network & the rich experience of operating since years should help the brand to expand in more countries. 3.Chivas Regal whiskies have performed well at international Spirit ratings competitions. Its 3 varients namely Chivas Regal 12 Year Old, 18 Year Old & 25 Year Old have individually won many accolades individually. This has improved the brand image.
1. Certain advertising campaigns such as "Annual bonus: Having more friends than you had last year" have received criticism from people resulting in lawsuits being filed against the company. 2.Competitors are increasing their market share in the U.S market. 3. There is a constant threat of dummy/fake brands in the market which are exploiting the brand name to increase their sales.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.