SWOT Analysis of Negra Modelo with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Food and Beverages
La Crema de las Cervezas
It is a Vienna style lager- a style that was largely replaced in European breweries with Oktoberfest, a slightly lighter lager, in the early twentieth century.
Stylish individuals looking for premium beverages
Urban upper middle and upper class
Negra Modelo is one of the richest tasting, most robust beers in Mexico.
1. The beer is perfectly balanced with a bit of spiciness or nuttiness in the hop aspects of its flavor profile. 2. Negra Modelo comes in a memorable short brown bottle with a trademark gold label. And while its label is more or less ordinary, the bottle feels great in the hand.
3. The beer stands out among its Mexican peers, with its full body of caramel and slight roasted notes and light bitterness. 4. The brand enjoys huge popularity in Mexico.
5. Good availability across the country and a few countries globally
1. The brand has severe competition from market leaders and hence less market share 2. Less presence globally. The brand doesn’t enjoy the same levels of popularity in countries other than Mexico.
1. Sponsorships: The brand can tie-up with major sporting & other events to leverage upon its popularity. 2. Fair trade laws have made is easier for brands to expand internationally. 3. The distribution network of the parent brand is very strong.
1. Tough competition from existing players & new players alike. 2. Rising prices of raw material such as wheat, barley etc. 3. The beer industry is going through a slowdown since the past few years.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.