SWOT Analysis of Ballantines with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Food and Beverages
Leave an impression.
The unique Ballantine's flavor is prepared from 50 single malts, four single grains and in particular the fingerprint malts from Milton duff and Glenburnie.
Successful middle class men.
Scotch drinkers who choose one blend when they're young and stick with it till they're old.
A Working Man's Whisky.
1. Ballantine's is one of the best selling blends in Europe, while it simultaneously enjoys large fame in eastern countries. 2. Global presence is extensive and good availability 3. Bottle recognition & different dispensing instruments. 4. Variants: Ballantine's has a range of six scotches with various characteristics and age statements
5. Strong backing by parent company
1. Ageing brand. Less innovation in the recent years. 2. Misuse of brand name for fake beverages.
1. Sponsorships: Ballantine's sponsors popular sporting events. This has a potential to improve its brand recall. 2. Fair trade laws provide an opportunity to expand further.
3. Global expansion and better penetration
1. Stricter laws for Drunk-driving cases. 2. Competitors increasing their market share in the U.S market. 3. In danger of becoming a reliable but tired & unexciting brand.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.