1. With leading brands in each category, Pernod Ricard holds one of the most comprehensive and Premium portfolios in the industry including ABSOLUT, Ricard anise and Scotch whiskies led by Chivas Regal, as well as Ballantine’s among others. 2. Pernod Ricard is now a major player in mature markets, and in recent years has become the industry leader in Asia, holding the leading position in China and India.
3. As a recognized brand-builder, Pernod Ricard understands the importance of innovation as a driver of growth. From product extensions to new digital media and event planning, innovation is not limited to marketing—it infiltrates every area in the company. 4. It is a flexible and a responsive organization that guarantees the best understanding of the specifics of each market and the expectations of its consumers.
5. For several decades, the Group has been committed to a policy of social responsibility.
6. Excellent manufacturing facilities established worldwide.
7. Excellent advertising and branding of sub-brands
1. The main weakness of the organization lies in the fact that the consumers are not totally aware of all its brands. 2. Overly restrictive with regards to distributors.
3. It is not present in the beer segment.
1. Expansion into new markets and segments (Russia and the Baltic states).
2. Expand product line – for new areas and to accommodate changes in taste and preference. 3. Ability to transfer skill to new business units domestically and internationally.
4. Integration forwards and backward.
5. Great opportunity for the organization to grab a strong hold on the upcoming whole new generation of drinkers and get a virtual first-mover advantage in emerging economies
6. Reduction in the price sensitive attitude of the consumers.
1. Tax regulations on the liquor industry. 2. Declining segments within the domestic market. 3. Slowed industry growth rate.
4. Legal issues dealing with underage drinking – retailer’s license may be revoked or suspended.
5. There is a very fierce competition in the Indian liquor industry.
6. Heavier duties on all the alcoholic beverages..
7. Consumer health concern (switching to non-alcoholic beverages).
1. United Spirits Ltd. 2. Diageo 3. Whyte and Mackay Ltd
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.