SWOT Analysis of Henry Weinhards with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Foods and Beverages
Good beer made easy; The west’s first premium beer.
Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve and Blitz-Weinhard are brands of beer first brewed in 1856
Across all liquor drinking age group
Urban male and females with moderate disposable income
Great beer with a strong legacy
1. A unique and noteworthy advertising campaign in the late 1970s and 1980s to position its brand 2. World beer cup Gold award winner 3. Its brewed with 100% cascade hops specially grown in Oregon
4. Strong legacy and excellent quality
5. Being a part of a strong parent brand, means good distribution network
1. Like many businesses in the United States at the time, the Blitz-Weinhard brewery succumbed to purchase and resale by a number of companies in the late 20th century 2. The brand despite being high quality has limited brand recall and market share
1. Under the umbrella of parent brand there is a vast market to tap for such a celebrated beer at international level 2. Expansion has been made easy for liquor product with new international trade laws 3. Young liquor consumers who constitutes the most to the industry do prefer beer over all liquor products
4. Brand extension benefits
1. Presence of international established brands in the market 2. Laws and regulations of government 3. Slack in manufacturing and consumption due to global slowdown and inflation
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.