SWOT Analysis of Southern Comfort with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Food and Beverages
Start things up
Southern Comfort is a unique blend of natural fruit, spice and whiskey flavors that together create a distinct taste
Successful middle class men.
Scotch drinkers who choose one blend rich fruit flavours
Brand’s premium position is delivering more masculine cues or creating flavor and color systems, product extensions expand the brand language while retaining strong ties to the core
1. Although the original product contained whiskey, the current formula for Southern Comfort only contains whiskey-tasting flavoring rather than actual whiskey 2. Bottle recognition & different dispensing instruments
3. Excellent availability and strong presence owing to parent company
4. Southern Comfort also produces Ready-To-Pour cocktails available in the US including Southern Comfort Sweet Tea, Southern Comfort Hurricane and Southern Comfort Lemonade
5. Good advertising and branding through adverts
1. Outside US the brand hasn’t established itself as a market leader 2. Outside of the Americas, Southern Comfort is produced and bottled only in Dublin, Ireland 3. Misuse of brand name for fake beverages is a concern
1. New products can help Southern Comfort to expand their business and diversity their customer base 2. Fair trade laws provide an opportunity to expand further
3. Greater innovation can help Southern Comfort to produce unique products and services that meet customer’s needs
1. The availability of substitute products hurts JD’s ability to raise prices, because customers can easily switch to another product or service 2. Competitors increasing their market share in the U.S market. 3. In danger of becoming a reliable but tired & unexciting brand.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Southern Comfort. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.