SWOT Analysis of JM Smucker with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
J. M. Smucker Company
Food and Beverages
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be good; Smucker Company, the brand you can trust; Smucker's may be yummy, your tummy may be too, but your grocer's freezer, is not far from you; There ain't no place like Smucker's
Since 1897 J. M. Smucker Company has created a portfolio of trademarked brands that are trusted and loved by consumers
Offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments
1. Positive impact of the acquired Sara Lee foodservice business and favorable sales mix on sales growth 2. Iconic brands in its portfolio that are trustedand have demonstrated their strength and resilience 3. Overall upswingin consumer spending 4. Continual positive response of consumers to their brand-building initiatives, product innovations, and new brand additions
5. Popular brands of fruit spreads, ice cream toppings, beverages, shortening, natural peanut butter
1. Limited global exposure and increase in marketing, selling, distribution, and administrative expenses
2. Higher amortization expense related to the intangible assets associated with the Sara Lee foodservice business acquisition
3. General competitive activity in the market, including competitors’ pricing practices and promotional spending levels
1. Ability of the Company to successfully integrate acquired and merged businesses in a timely and cost effective manner 2. Adding new variants according to changes in consumer coffee preferences 3.Concentrating certain Company’s businesses with key customers and suppliers, including single-source suppliers of certain raw materials, such as packaging for its most popular Folgers coffee products, and finished goods, such as K-Cups
1.Impact of accidents and natural disasters, including crop failures and storm damage 2.Risks associated with derivative and purchasing strategies employed by the Company to manage commodity pricing risks, including the risk that such strategies could result in significant losses and adversely impact the Company’s liquidity 3.Crude oil price trends and their impact on transportation, energy, and packaging costs
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to JM Smucker. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.