Jeypore Sugar Company Ltd SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Food & Beverages, Total Reads: 945
SWOT Analysis of Jeypore Sugar Company Ltd with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Jeypore Sugar Company Ltd
Jeypore Sugar Company Ltd.
Food Processing and products
Foods and Beverages
One of the prominent sugar industry players
Industrial users of Sugar and related products
Sugar Brokers and Wholesalers
Strong player in the Indian sugar industry
1. Its manufacturing plants are located in Andhra Pradesh, which increases the proximity to sugar producing states, and thus reduces transportation costs
2. The Chagallu distillery has achieved its full production level of 40,000 litres per day with zero discharge level 3. Ventured into various businesses including four segments: Sugar, Industrial Chemicals, Power and Others 4. Jeypore Sugar Finance and Investment Corporation is a subsidiary of the company which helps it to generate cash for its expansion plans
5. Co-generation of electricity has lowered power costs
1. Company has plant in only Andhra Pradesh and Orissa, which limits the potential market for them 2. The production is the same over the few years, and the company’s revenues are not growing well
3. Over reliance on Sugar products makes the company vulnerable to price fluctuation in the Sugar industry
1. To cater to the demand of oil companies, an ethanol unit is run for doping gasoline. This unit can be expanded as the Petroleum Ministry has implemented mandatory 5% ethanol blending in petroleum
2. A reverse osmosis plant has been installed to process the spent wash and generate water for industrial needs, which will improve the CSR image of the company 3. Venture into alternate sources of generating power provides a huge opportunity to the company
1. Export is still not allowed and there are indication that government will not allow exports soon
2. Deregulation of Sugar industry may force the company to incur more labor cost as under this proposal, farmers will be paid the salary and a 70 per cent share of the value realized from sugar and other by-products
3. Sugarcane price will not increase if the price of sugar does not increase
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Jeypore Sugar Company Ltd. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.