SWOT Analysis of SBEC Sugar Ltd with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
SBEC Sugar Ltd
SBEC Sugar Ltd
Food Processing and products
Foods and Beverages
Major sugar processing company
Industrial users of White Sugar and related products
Sugar Brokers and Wholesalers
One of the most hi- tech plants in the country
1. SBEC has access to cutting-edge technology in sugar manufacturing while the promoter company SBEC System Ltd. Is a global player in project design, engineering and consultancy
2. Recognized as one of the most hi- tech plants in the country
3. The Plant features technologically intensive effluent treatment and disposal system, conforming to the most stringent environment norms 4. Bagasse generated by SBEC is used to produce 12 MW power of which SBEC utilizes only 2 MW, the surplus 10 MW is supplied to the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited grid
5. Annual production of SBEC amounts to a whopping 1,40,000 tons of plantation white sugar which allows SBEC to reach economies of scale and reduce its costs
1. Over dependence on UK subsidiary regarding technology 2. Presence in Uttar Pradesh, exposes the company to very high competition from the regional players 3. Over reliance on Sugar products makes the company vulnerable to price fluctuations in the Sugar industry
1. Technological skills of the company would enhance the export capabilities of the company once the export of sugar would be opened in India
2. Decontrol of Sugar industry which is under discussion would improve the stability of the industry and will increase the profits of sugar companies 3. Petroleum Ministry has implemented mandatory 5% ethanol blending in petroleum, which provides an alternative market to sugar by products
1. SBEC has only one manufacturing plant which increases its risk in case of a plant failure or maintenance issues
2. Cheap sugar imports are harming the existing sugar mills in India and leading them to crisis 3. Around 15-30% of sugar in the world is traded on stock exchanges and hence is subject to speculation. As a result, any prolonged decrease in sugar price may have an adverse effect on Financial results of the company.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to SBEC Sugar Ltd. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.